Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Generic Online Dating Post Here

So, I would guess that we've all read a million articles about online dating (mostly geared towards women) on what to write in your profile, how to make sure you're safe, questions to ask before and upon meeting them, the kind of places you should meet at for a first date,  remember to be open, etc. We very seldom talk about what you shouldn't be doing with your profile.

I was having a conversation with some friends, and realized there's not enough information geared towards MEN on what they should not be doing. Why is it always the women? I mean I know we hold lots of power (preach), but when are the men going to take some pride and responsibility in their online dating habits?

So if you know a guy who is doing the online dating thing (match, howaboutwe) please direct him to this post.

Dear Online Dating Men,


We will never take you seriously if your main picture is you with no shirt on. Just. No. 

So if you're confused as to why you always "meet the crazy ones", that's why. Take note.

Also, we're not sure why you thought your description saying "what the hell, thought I'd give this a try" was a good tagline, but it's not. It screams that A) You're probably a crazy person who doesn't realize that YOU"RE the problem, which is why you're single aka No Self-awareness and B) You have NO idea what you want. Literally. They ask you "Tell Us a Little about You and What You're Looking For" which is a very concise statement. The fact that you couldn't even write why you paid your money to even be on the site, means you probably really don't know what you want, which means we could never really take you seriously (which I'm guessing could actually be fine for you anyway huh?) 

The only reason I would contact you is to occupy my week with dates, because "what the hell", right?

Additionally, please do a spell check. I can't red your post and undastand what you'r tryin to say, if it's not Enklish. Be a grown-up and do a spell check.


Sincerely,

Women Everywhere.

Have more no-no's? Comment and let us know!



1 comment:

  1. Good day!
    Based from what I read to your blog I surely agree with what you said. By the way I am a woman and I am an active online dater and as what I've experience so far it's doing good. The only reason why there are some reminders for the members because of some unexpected happenings that we might encounter. So we should be careful at times. Joining in an online dating is a great risk. Just think of your safety first.

    ReplyDelete